Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seedy-DIY


 I found the red, black, and white duster earrings on the Urban Outfitters website. About to put them in my bag, I looked at the written details and noticed they measured ten and a half inches long. I held a tape measure to my ear lobe and the ten and a half mark was past the ends of my hair. Deciding that was a tad too long for my taste, I gathered together some materials and made a pair of my own.


I have a lot of spare parts from old jewlery saved, so these earrings came completly from things I already had. I first slipped the seedbeads onto thread, leaving a few inches of spare thread on top. I made ten of those total, five for each ear. I tied the beaded thread onto chains of assorted lengths and using little wire pieces, I attatched the chain to the metal triangles. Lastly, I demolished an old pair of earrings and connected the triangle onto the part you stick into your ear. It was time consuming but fairly simple and I'm so excited they are now a part of my earring collection!

6 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable! I love them!

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe that you made them, I actually like them better than the Urban Outfitters ones!! I'd really love it if you could check out my blog @ georgexoxo.blogspot.com
    Looking forward to the next post.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elyse. This is amazing. They are way cuter than the Urban ones! WOO!

    xoxoxoxooxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look amazing! also i prefer the blue you chose to the coral/red coloured beads UO used :)

    ReplyDelete