Saturday, November 9, 2013

Rookies


Basically, today was wonderful. Rookie was having an event in Seattle to celebrate the launch of Yearbook Two! I've been a fan of Tavi Gevinson (the founder and editor of Rookie) for so long it was AMAZING to meet her! It was so inspiring to be in the middle of a bunch of stylish, creative teenagers who love this magazine as much as I do! Seriously, an eyeball painted onto a studded denim jacket! A little bouquet of flowers tucked into a little leather bag! These are my kind of people!

My friends Brooke and Jenna came with me and we instantly befriended Hailey (second to last photo). A super stylish, wonderful girl from Canada who we sat next to. I wish it would've lasted all day so I could have met all the cool people there! In short, Rookie, YOU RULE!

On a side note, November 7th marked the three year anniversary for this here blog! I went back to my first posts on this momentous occasion and while stalking myself I was amazed by how much support and love I've gotten from my followers! Blogging is such a joy for me and I just wanted to thank everyone for being so wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. hey Elyse, this is Hailey. Thank you so much for featuring me on here! It was great meeting you, Jenna, and Brooke at the Rookie event! I'm still reeling from getting to meet Tavi. That event gave me outfit inspiration for the next few months, I feel like everybody there walked straight out of a magazine! Congrats on three years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete